"How could youth better learn to live than by at once trying the experiment of living?" - Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

And I almost missed the moment.

I live for reading, I love it, I read while I do housework, while I cook, I've tried reading while I drive, that doesn't work out so well I've found!!

Anyway, It's probably the one thing I feel pretty strongly about, and really wish for my children, is that they have a great love of books. I was reading to Tyler, Louie & Marley today, and left out a sentence as it was  repeated from the last page, and was promptly pulled up by Tyler "Mum, you left out that line there!!" A feeling of slight irritation came over me, I was being corrected by my 6 year old! When I suddenly realised that a moment I had been waiting for and dreaming about for literally years, had actually arrived, and I almost missed it. Tane is reading! Really and truly reading.

Natural Learning really is very subtle, it slips its way in gently, almost shyly. What a wonderful start to the day!



Like most homeschoolers, we spend a fair bit of time at the library, this was our most recent haul...



I think the love of reading is well on it's way...



And Marley is obsessed with books, he just loves them.


No comments:

Post a Comment