"How could youth better learn to live than by at once trying the experiment of living?" - Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cabbage Tree Point

The kiddos and I took a trip down to Cabbage Tree Point the other day, I love it cos of the Pelicans, I'm totally in awe of them, definitely my favourite birds!



We were there at low tide, and Louie was excited and frightened to see his first ever crabs scuttling about, there were hundreds of them! His exact words were "This is the first crab I've seen in my entire life!"



It's always an interesting place, boats being launched and loaded all the time, and we watched with interest as a Police inflatable motored past



And being the nosey minx I am, I kept taking pictures...



We wondered what the heck the pink boat following was, and were quite surprised to discover later it was actually Jessica Watson sailing past! Fellow homeschooler.... :)

The boys ended up muddy and wet as usual, then a quick go on the swings, and home to a hot shower!


No comments:

Post a Comment